Training: Apache ServiceMix Training Course
ServiceMix is an open source enterprise service bus, that implements the Java Business Integration specification. It is based on the Apache ActiveMQ JMS infrastructure providing distribution and fault tolerance. The focus of this training course is the JBI specification, the development of service assemblies and the configuration of ServiceMix.
- The bus architecture
- The responsibility of an ESB in a SOA
- The JBI specification
- Short introduction into XML, XSLT, XPath
Enterprise Integration Patterns (EiP)
- Message filter
- Static recipient list
- Static routing slip
- Content-based router
- XPath splitter
- Content enricher
- Read and write files
- File transfer via HTTP and FTP
- Message exchange with JMS
- Invocation and deployment of Web Services
- XSLT transformations
- SE for Enterprise Integration Patterns
- BPEL processes with Apache ODE
Build Management and Deployment
- Short introduction to Maven2
- How to build service units and service assemblies with Maven
ServiceMix Administration und Management
- Installation and configuration
- Monitoring and management with JMX
- Generation and evaluation of Statistics
- Introduction to messaging with ActiveMQ
- Interaction between ServiceMix and ActiveMQ
- Configuration of ActiveMQ
- Reliability via fail-over
- Store and foreward
Java programmers, integration experts
Basic knowledge in XML. Experience in Java is helpful.
- Acquirement of necessary knowledge to build your own integration solution using ServiceMix.
- You will receive templates of service units, which you can use in your own projects.
Handouts of all slides presented in the course. Lecture notes with detailed exercises.