Articles, References and Tutorials
- OpenESB and ServiceMix in comparison
- Apache Axis2, CXF and Sun JAX-WS RI (Metro) in comparison
This article describes the differences and provides decision guidance for developers and architects.
- Example of authorization with WS-Trust and SAML
This article describes how to secure a Web Service using a central Token Server.
- Free the Service Endpoints- SOA vs. EAI & ESB
EAI and ESB product vendors claim their solutions are the silver bullet for the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This article claims quite the contrary- EAI and ESB products suppress the service endpoints therefore hindering SOA.
- Open Source Web Services
Article about open source and Web Services that describes some typical tools like Axis, openSAML and jUDDI.
- Article about the WS-* specifications
This article describes the different WS-* specifications like WS-Addressing, WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-Security, WS-Trust etc. Each specification is described within a short paragraph.
- How to Support Web Services in Products
This article explains how support for Web Services can be incorporated into "out-of-the-box" standard software and into individual software.
- Yahoo WebRank and Google PageRank
Article about Yahoo's new webranking technology and its consequences
- CSV to XML Marshaler for Apache ServiceMix
Reading CSV files, can cause a problem for developers of Enterprise Service Bus applications. This article describes a simple solution for Apache ServiceMix.
- WSDD Reference
Online reference describing the elements used in Axis 1.X deployment descriptors
- SOAP Compression
This extension adds gzip compression to Axis 1.X
- How to Use SOAP Compression with Apache Axis 1.X
Guide explaining how to use SOAP compression with Apache Axis 1.X using a compression extension and a gzip Servlet filter.
- 2Way HTTP Compression Servlet Filter
Servlet filter that compresses and decompresses both HTTP requests and HTTP responses using gzip
- REST Web Services Screencast This screencast shows how to access a REST resource. The RESTful Web Service is realized with sqlREST. sqlREST is an open source gateway, providing relational databases in the form of REST resources.
- RESTGate Screencast This video shows how to send messages by using the HTTP methods GET, PUT,POST and DELETE with RESTGate. RESTGate is a graphical frontend for REST resources.